What is the child doing now?
Purpose: to describe the unique needs of the child that will be addressed by special education and related services, and to establish a baseline of measurable information that serves as the starting point for developing goals and objectives/benchmarks.
Definition: The present level of performance specifies:
- the strengths of the child
- the unique needs of the child
- parental concerns
- how the child's disability affects their involvement and progress in the general curriculum
- identifies any special factors
- describes both academic and non-academic areas
- includes the results of most recent evaluation or re-evaluation (e.g. formal and informal educational performance data, state and/or district assessments)
- establishes a baseline of information used in writing goals, short term objectives and benchmarks
Writing Strategy: Describe the behavior the child is doing in objective, measurable terms.
CESA #11 Discretionary Grant